Apr 3, 2009

Brekyns Cut Eye!!

So, my sweet daughter Brekyn was sitting on the floor minding her own business, eating her hamburger. When out of nowhere, Caison wacked her in the eye with a new garden shovel I had just bought. It split her eye wide open. It was a lovely site. And we all know how head injuries bleed bad. She was flippin out about the masses of blood! The cut was wide and deep but small. Of course it happen at 5:20 pm, when our Dr's office closes at 5:00. So off to Urgent Care we went. There is also a $30 co-pay (more) price difference for us at Urgent care than at the Dr's office. GO figure.

Dr looked at her and checked out her eye ball. That was our biggest concern, being so close to her eye. He said her eye ball was fine, no damage done. He skipped out on the stitches because it was so close to the eye. He
said that her cut was going with the grain of skin, which is good and it should heal with very minor scarring, but if he stitched it, it would actually cause more scarring. Since the bleeding had stopped he just left it alone. SO that was great news to Brekyn, who was scared to death to get stitches. Great news for us too!! She was brave. :)

Brekyn got Dairy Queen for being so brave.. We are home and well now. Its off to bed we go!! Now if we can make it thru the night without her wiping her eyes and ripping it open???

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh no!! I feel so bad! It makes my eye hurt just reading that. You'll have to keep us updated.

Amy said...

poor thing...I am glad it will heal without scarring...and know I am thinking of you! luvs

Love Lorri said...

Brekyn!!! Get better sweetie! I wish I could have DQ! What did you get? Love you sweetie!
Auntie Lorri

Dayna said...

Oh no! I'm glad she wasn't seriously hurt. Accidents and serious illnesses ALWAYS happen outside of normal doctor's hours, that's the rules of the universe.

The Tanners said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Tanners said...

Poor thing! It's real good it didn't hit her eye.

Just two days ago I took Preston swimming and we went into the deep pool, so he had his floaties on and I threw him up to spin him and the sharp corner of the floaty just nicked my eye ball. No blood or serious injury, but it hurt like heck. It itched and was so irritated. I was just really glad I didn't need medical assistance.

NT

Jaime said...

Ooh DANG brothers!! Glad to hear everything is minimal, but that's scary!

slaughter said...

Ow! Poor thing! I'm glad it turned out OK! Scary for you at first I'm sure!

Tinney Tribe! said...

My sweet little girl! Typical brothers ya know.=) I love you!